Sunday 15 August 2010

The A-Team

I love it when a plan comes together. Always have done, always will. The original TV show was Saturday staple for me, often followed by a session in the garage trying to turn my bike into a tank.

With that sort of heritage, there is much to go wrong. But for me this film hits all the right notes. Primarily, BA, Hannibal, Face and Murdoch. The balance of the group is just as I remeber and what made the original so enduring.

Certainly the stunts are rediculous. Certainly the plot, misguided good guys chase escaped good good guys and are conned into catching patently bad good guys, is ropey. You can't always hear what's being said. But if you want a rediculous action spectacle starring a bunch of loonies all of that is missing the point.

It isn't classic but it is fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment